Code of Ethics
As a member of the National Institute of Personnel Management, I declare that I shall:
- Subscribe to the aims and objects of the National Institute of Personnel Management and be bound by its Constitution.
- Recognise and accept the dignity of an individual as human being, irrespective of religion, language, caste or creed.
- Maintain high standard of integrity and behaviour demanded by the profession.
- Conduct myself as a responsible member of the management team committed to the achievement of the organisational goals.
- Take keen interest in the establishment of healthy personnel practices and development of the profession.
- Try to win confidence and gain respect of the employers and employees and make myself available to them to provide formal and informal intervention to resolve industrial conflicts.
- Endeavor to enhance the good name of my professional in dealing with other professional bodies, government departments, and employers’ and employees’ organisation.
- Cooperative in maximising the effectiveness of the profession by exchanging freely information and experience with other members.
- Not allow any interest other than professional to interfere with the right of association of the employees.
- Not interfere with the right of association of the employees.
- Not disclose any information of a confidential nature that I may acquire in the course of my professional work without obtaining the consent of those concerned and shall not use confidential information for personal gains.