NIPM firmly believes in the dignity of human beings at work and their relationship within the enterprise. Keeping this in mind, NIPM is striving :
- To spread the message of Professional Management in Human Resource Management and Development.
- To promote an awareness of Professional Personnel Management at all levels in different organisations.
- To organise activities and programmes at both the national and chapter level with a view to upgrade the skills and professional standards of its members.
- To spread the knowledge on the approach, principles, practices, techniques and methods regarding personnel management, industrial management, industrial relations, labour & social welfare and industrial jurisprudence in all their bearings.
- To serve as a forum for exchange of ideas and experiences and collection and dissemination of information on management in general and personnel management, industrial relations, human resources development and labour & social welfare, in particular.
- To sponsor, promote, encourage, conduct and contribute to the study and research and impart instructions in any subject touching any or all aspects of personnel management, industrial relations, labour and social welfare, industrial legislation and industrial jurisprudence, including their social, sociological, political and economic background and context.
- To promote and safeguard the status and the interests of personnel management, industrial relations and labour welfare at work places and the interests of those engaged therein.
- To represent the Institute and its interests before Local, State and Central authorities and other organisations,commissions, boards, enquiry bodies etc., in India and abroad.